Hokkaido Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hokkaido Academy

Everything a school has. Classes, friends, romance and action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel}

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chimitsu
College Sophomore
Chimitsu

Character sheet
Strength :
A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Left_bar_bleue80/1000A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Empty_bar_bleue  (80/1000)
Intelligence:
A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Left_bar_bleue81/1000A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Empty_bar_bleue  (81/1000)
HP:
A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Left_bar_bleue90/1000A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Empty_bar_bleue  (90/1000)

A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Empty
PostSubject: A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel}   A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Key
Lyrics for the song the one shot was based on {“Lonely Day” by System of a Down}
Allen’s Memories

The rain poured down on the empty street—or nearly empty, as there was one, lonely, wretched creature trudging down the broken pavement. They were tall and slender, and from under their gray coat, its hood up, it was nearly impossible to tell whether the figure was male or female. The rain, so miserable and desolate, painting the world gray and lonely, had soaked the figure through by now. Not an inch of them, even that which was covered by their coat—upon closer examination, one could determine that it was an Exorcist coat—found refuge from the rain. They were soaked to their very bones.

Such a lonely day
And its mine
The most loneliest day of my life

A small golden orb with wings and a long, wispy tail circled slowly, almost sadly, around the figure’s head, though it too was pitifully soaked. The figure’s footfalls echoed wetly down the streets and darkened alleyways, trudging and slow as they were dragged almost forcefully across the stone streets. In a short, more violent burst than had been showed thus far, the wind tore the figure’s hood from their face. They flinched back, wispy, silver hair flying, and growled.

“Damn storm…,” a quiet male voice hissed out.

The weather wasn’t the only thing that had turned violent this eve. The young man’s voice was laced with acid as he cursed the weather.

Lightning tore apart the sky, and the little golem flinched, diving under the young man’s coat. He only watched it rip the sky in two, like the hands of God in anger destroying His creation.

His hands shoved firmly in his pockets, the young man continued on his walk.

Today was a lonely day, a day that Allen Walker simply couldn’t stand…

Such a lonely day
Should be banned
It's a day that I can't stand

Dark trees from Central Park—for he was in New York tonight—loomed around Allen as he walked with heavy, sorrow-laden footsteps along the walking paths of the famous park. They stood like Akuma, hungry to pounce on him, and his cursed arm itched at the very thought. Shaking the darkened and cloudy thoughts from his numb and deadened mind, he stumbled wearily to a bench and collapsed on it. The past events of the day ran though his mind, and as the rain pounded down on his weary, silent body, a single tear trickled down his cheek. Soon, more tears followed until a torrent poured down from eyes that were closed tightly, as if in wishing to block the memories that flooded a mind too far wrought with pain and suffering.

“Come on Allen!”

“W-wait up! Lenalee you’re going too fast!”

The tall, dark haired girl ran down the street, her hand outstretched to Allen as he ran panting behind her.

“Slow poke! We get one day off here in this beautiful city and you’re wasting it lagging behind?”

Despite how tired he was, chasing his friend for hours on end as she kept him running for miles, Allen had to smile. Lenalee was simply too lovely for him to not smile at her excitement, at how she seemed to enjoy life. Her black pigtails bounced and shone with an ethereal, blue-green light beneath the hidden sun, and her eyes—sometimes chocolate brown, others the same slate gray as his own—sparkled with excitement.

Though the sky above was blankly white with speckles of dark gray building in places, forewarning a bad storm or at least some rain, she still had something planned for them to do, and at the beach of all places!

Still, it was worth it all just to watch her smile, to watch her dancing in the spray of the ocean. She was so happy…So lovely…so…alive…

Tears choked him back and he sobbed brokenly into his hands.

“Lenalee…”

Aching loneliness wrenched at his heart, and his entire body throbbed with the numbed feeling of pain. The rain’s lashing torrent had slowed to a soft drizzle now. Soft sobs wracked his body as he closed his eyes in anger.

Clumsily, almost drunkenly, he stumbled to his feet, holding his head.

“I’m going to be sick…,” he whispered, tears still dripping down his face.

Such a lonely day
Shouldn't exist
It's a day that I'll never miss
Such a lonely

day
And its mine

“ALLEN!”

Lenalee’s scream still echoed over the beach. The weather had turned violent, and the mood had gone cold. The Akuma had come out of nowhere, had stolen her and hurt her. Blood and piles of smoking ash—remnants of the bodies of the Akuma that had been there before—surrounded Allen as he knelt on the cliff, a broken, darkened form in his arms.

“Lenalee…,” he whispered, gripping a limp hand in his own. “No…”

Her body was cold…iced over, gray, and limp. She was dead, but he never let her hand go…

And if you go, I wanna go with you
And if you die, I wanna die with you

Doubled over a bush, everything he’d eaten that day spilled out before him, Allan stared at his shaking hands as tears welled up in his eyes again, further blurring his vision.

If I had just held her hand tighter…

Take your hand and walk away

Numbness flooded his body and he slid to the ground, holding his stomach as tears still fell down his face. Leaning his head back, he stared blankly at the sky. A headache throbbed through his temples, and he closed his eyes. A soft, nearly inaudible murmur escaped his lips, more like a suffering moan.

“Lenalee…”

Life

Ten years later, it rained yet again. A softer, gentler rain; less angry but more depressing fell over New York now. The graveyard was quiet and gray—dead as those that rested within. A light blanket of snow, melting softly like sugar under the rain, covered the ground and the weathered graves. In the far back of the graveyard was a large, delicately carved headstone, decorated with a long, scrawling message written in Latin, and surrounded by carved in roses. The snow had frozen over half of the headstone, covering half the name. The only word visible was “Walker,” the last name of the occupant of the grave. The birth date on the stone was rubbed off, but the death date—ten years earlier—was still clearly visible.

One living being remained in the graveyard, standing before the grave. Tall and limber, their face was covered by the hood they wore, and their coat fluttered in the wind and rain. Quietly, they bent down to the grave, wiping away the snow with a gloved hand. A warm tear slid down a pale, scarred face, and the wind whipped the hood away like it had that sorrowful day so long ago as the man placed a frozen white flower on the grave.

Silently, he stood, and looked with weary, aching eyes at the name on the stone before turning and walking slowly, painfully away.

“I survived Lenalee…Just as I promised,” he whispered.

Such a lonely day
And its mine
It's a day that I'm glad I survived
Back to top Go down
Denny
Senior
Denny

Chinese Symbol : Horse

Character sheet
Strength :
A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Left_bar_bleue131/1000A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Empty_bar_bleue  (131/1000)
Intelligence:
A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Left_bar_bleue129/1000A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Empty_bar_bleue  (129/1000)
HP:
A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Left_bar_bleue130/1000A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Empty_bar_bleue  (130/1000)

PostSubject: Re: A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel}   A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:42 pm

mits = creative i felt the whole dark theme it was awesome~ loved it! also a good anime~
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/denny.velez
Mael
College Sophomore
Mael

Character sheet
Strength :
A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Left_bar_bleue52/1000A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Empty_bar_bleue  (52/1000)
Intelligence:
A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Left_bar_bleue51/1000A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Empty_bar_bleue  (51/1000)
HP:
A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Left_bar_bleue51/1000A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} Empty_bar_bleue  (51/1000)

PostSubject: Re: A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel}   A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 am

I like it!
=D
Very dark, but also has an underlying romance to it
Well written!
^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel}   A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Promise Kept {D. Gray-Man LenaleexAllen One Shot written for Abel}
Page 1 of 1